Achieve Healthy Results
The healthcare industry has a proven track record in Rowan County and we’re quickly becoming a hub for medical services centered around the Novant Health Rowan Medical Center and W. G. (Bill) Hefner VA Medical Center, both located in Salisbury, NC. These leading healthcare centers sit amid a growing number of companies engaged in pharmaceutical, medical supply and educational facilities. It is the largest industry in Rowan County terms of employment.
Rowan County provides an ideal location for regional medical companies seeking an inspirational campus setting and a high-quality of life for their employees. Manufacturers of medical equipment and biomedical supply firms, benefit from unparalleled transportation and distribution networks as well as the proximity to skilled and abundant talent pipeline. It is supported by the local universities’ research and development departments, educators and local service providers.
Here are some more reasons why health companies succeed in Rowan County:
- Rowan County is home to Novant Health Rowan Medical Center with about 1,500 employees. Novant Health is headquartered in Winston-Salem and provides service across a four-state integrated network of nearly 24,000 employees, 530 locations, and 14 medical centers.
- Rowan County is home to the W.G. Hefner V.A. Medical Center, which employs 2,100 people.
- Across the Charlotte Region, the Carolinas HealthCare System is the nation’s third largest public healthcare system – with a network of 29 hospitals, 6,000 beds, and 1,400 physicians across the region. Carolinas Healthcare also conducts research at the nearby NC Research Campus, a 350-acre research park of corporate and university research centers.
- Salisbury’s Fibrant telecommunication network provides the highest levels of service (speed, volume, latency) for use by medical applications and remote imaging.
- Numerous universities and private organizations are conducting state-of-the-art research in the Charlotte Region – including the North Carolina Research Campus, the University of North Carolina at Charlotte, Cannon Research Center, the Charlotte Research Institute, the North Carolina Biotechnology Center, and more.
- The Charlotte Region is home to over thirty colleges and universities, many of which offer healthcare, information technology, and other relevant programming.
- Existing agriculture, food & beverage manufacturing, and nutritional operations in the region make it a competitive location for Nutraceutical operations.
- Charlotte Douglas International Airport has flights around the globe and makes the region easily accessible for Medical Tourism.
Thank You To Our County and Municipal Partners.