Build A Prosperous Future
From food to trucks, Rowan County is home to nearly 200 manufacturers, employing more than 7,000 of its residents. With access to an unrivaled distribution network and a labor pool of 1.3 million, Rowan County manufacturers are poised to succeed.
In addition to the state’s overall business-friendly tax climate, Rowan County manufacturing companies also benefit from educational programs that foster the growth of a highly-skilled manufacturing workforce. Programs like the Advanced Manufacturing Academy at Salisbury High School, the North Carolina Manufacturing Institute and Rowan Cabarrus Community College’s customized training programs provide students with industry-focused training and apprenticeship programs.
Thanks to the success of these and other programs, Rowan County enjoys one of the strongest manufacturing workforces in the region.
Here are some more reasons why manufacturers succeed in Rowan County:
- Rowan County is centrally located in North Carolina, one of the US’ strongest states for manufacturing. Over 50% of the US population lives within 650 miles of the Charlotte region.
- Over 30,000 job applicants in manufacturing and distribution are available within 30 minutes of Salisbury.
- Rowan County has abundant power and water resources at highly competitive rates.
- Rowan County is home to 4 colleges – Catawba College, Livingstone College, Hood Theological Seminary and Rowan-Cabarrus Community College – which are home to over 12,000 students.
- The North Carolina Manufacturing Institute at Rowan-Cabarrus Community College provides state-of-the-art training for manufacturing workers in Rowan County. The NC Research Campus is a 350-acre research park of corporate and university research centers including the University of North Carolina, Duke University, North Carolina State, Carolinas Healthcare System, Dole Foods, General Mills, Monsanto, and Lab Corp.
- The region is served by two international airports, Mid-Carolina Regional airport, three interstate highways, two major railroads, three deep water port facilities and a foreign trade zone.
- Rowan County is an international hub for manufacturing, with dozens of mid-sized and large foreign-owned manufacturers operating in the county.
- Rowan County is “Attainment Status” for Air Quality.