Forward Rowan Plan
The Forward Rowan plan is an aggressive five-year strategy that provides more support for existing industry while proactively marketing the county to companies planning relocations or expansions. Covid-19 has made it even more imperative for us to implement the Forward Rowan plan to ensure jobs and investment come to Rowan County.
Strategy I: Targeted Economic Growth
Goal: Increase prosperity for all Rowan County residents through business retention and attraction efforts.
- Grow existing businesses.
- Attract new firms and investments.
- Maintain competitive locational advantages.
Provide leadership for the coordination of local economic development services.
- Broaden Expand Rowan, the Rowan EDC’s business retention & expansion program that proactively addresses the needs of Rowan’s traded-sector businesses.
- Attract new employers in Rowan County’s targeted sectors:
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Logistics & Distribution
- Office & Technology
- Ensure infrastructure and amenities are enhanced to support business expansion and development.
Strategy II - Talent Attraction & Development
Goal: Support lifelong learning endeavors that increase talent levels in Rowan County through the alignment of education, training, business, and social services.
- Align education and workforce systems.
- Develop home-grown talent.
- Promote the innovation occurring in education systems across Rowan County.
- Retain the best and brightest workers.
- Attract talented individuals to Rowan County.
- Actively engage in the development of demand-driven education and training programs in high school and post-secondary education.
- Work with education and workforce development partners to increase educational attainment levels in Rowan County.
- Increase awareness among Rowan County businesses about available workforce development programs.
- Attract new residents and workers by promoting the job opportunities available among Rowan County employers.
- Highlight the favorable working environments and career opportunities available within Rowan County’s major industries.
Strategy III: Brand Identity and Storytelling
Goal: Promote Brand Rowan and serve as the leading marketing organization for communicating the brand message to targeted audiences.
- Promote and accelerate the use of the Rowan County brand elements among local organizations.
- Promote Rowan County to external audiences.
- Build community pride and understanding among our internal audiences.
- Support the Brand Rowan marketing initiative to improve local perceptions of Rowan County and communicate its competitive advantages.
- Develop high-impact, professional marketing and communications tools.
- Market Rowan County to site selection influencers and companies within our targeted industries through multiple marketing channels.
Strategy IV: High-Performance Service Delivery
Goal: Build an organizational structure that ensures the delivery of high-performance economic development services that is supported by Rowan County’s public and private sectors.
- Increase public awareness of the value of the Rowan EDC and the community’s growth effort.
- Provide outstanding levels of service to our investors, prospects, and existing industries.
- Recruit, retain, and develop highly talented staff.
- Develop an organizational structure that supports outstanding service levels.
- Build public support and knowledge of economic growth activities and their impact on the community.
- Recruit, retain, and train “best in class” staff capable of strategically leading and managing the Rowan EDC.
- Develop an engaged leadership body comprised of public- and private-sector representatives to provide oversight to the Forward Rowan initiative.
- Conduct an assessment to identify the organizational structure that supports the complementary goals of the Rowan EDC and Rowan Growth Partners.
Thank You To Our County and Municipal Partners.