Move Business Forward
Located at the population center of the growing state of North Carolina, Rowan County is one of the state’s most connected regions. With abundant rail, road, runway and port assets, its easy to see why company’s like Dillard’s Amazon and Aldi have set up distribution facilities in our region.
Rowan County’s central location has been a draw for people and commerce since the early 1700’s when German and Scotch-Irish settlers traveled the Great Wagon Road to settle here. Today, Rowan County is still a draw for both businesses and individuals. For businesses, we are conveniently centered within one day’s drive of 60% of the US population – providing easy access to customers and suppliers.
Highway access is our greatest transportation asset with same day access to all Eastern U.S. markets via three interstates. We’re just 45 minutes from two major international airports and home to the general aviation Mid-Carolina Regional Airport. For shipping, North Carolina Ports offers two excellent locations to go with the Port of Charleston in South Carolina. And if that was not enough, Rowan County is the center of a 3,200 mile East Coast rail network.
Rowan County is also fortunate to have many large parcels of land with nearby interstate access at prices below most of the metro Charlotte region.
And with a labor shed that is up to a third larger than our better known neighbors, including Charlotte, Greensboro, Raleigh or Greenville SC. we can deliver workers whose skills are sharpened by industry-focused educational programs at the local and community college level.
Here are some more reasons why logistics and distribution companies succeed in Rowan County:
- I-85 is a major interstate in North Carolina that bisects Rowan County providing convenient access to all parts of the Piedmont Atlantic megaregion.
- Over 50% of the US population lives within 650 miles of Rowan County, and the region is served by two international airports, Mid-Carolina Regional airport, three interstate highways, two major railroads, and a foreign trade zone.
- The intermodal facility at Charlotte Douglas International Airport allows for efficient transfer of air freight onto rail and highway networks along the US East Coast.
- In addition to nearby Charlotte Douglas International Airport, distributors can ship via rail, air, and highway infrastructure in the north (Winston-Salem/Greensboro) and the east (two deep water ports at Wilmington and Morehead City)
- The concentrated manufacturing and retail clusters in the Charlotte Region create significant internal demand for distribution of materials, components, and goods.
- Rowan County is ideal of small- to medium-sized distribution centers that need quick access to a multi-state region.
- Rowan County’s low costs for land and distribution workers strengthen the ROI of locating in the county.
Thank You To Our County and Municipal Partners.