A Competitive Cost Structure Awaits
For companies that are looking to relocate in the Charlotte metro area, Rowan County offers a number of business cost advantages.
Business costs in North Carolina rank among the lowest in the nation. Reliable, low-cost electricity, construction costs well below the U.S. average, competitive labor costs and a low cost of living make North Carolina and Rowan County a profitable place for business.
- Our success is fueled by a competitive tax climate – with the lowest corporate income tax in the United States – as well as a favorable legal and regulatory environment, and growing workforce.
- North Carolina offers the lowest corporate income tax in the United States.
- Compared to the Charlotte Metro average, average land prices and lease rates for office, industrial and retail end-users is considerably lower in Rowan County.
- Rowan County’s average weekly labor costs employers 13 percent less than North Carolina’s average and 45 percent less than the Charlotte average.
- Electric costs are competitive. The average (industrial) electricity rate in Salisbury is 9.3% less than the national average rate of 6.67¢/kWh. Natural gas rates are also nationally competitive.
- The cost of living in Rowan County is 10% lower than the national average and about 6% lower than Charlotte, NC. In particular, housing is considerably more (20%) affordable.
#1 – Best States for Business, 2017, Forbes
#1 – Lowest State and Local Business Tax Burden, 2016, Ernst & Young
#2 – Lowest Business Costs, 2016, Forbes
#2 – Business Climate Ranking, 2016, Site Selection Magazine
#3 – Best State for Business, 2017, Chief Executive Magazine
Thank You To Our Funding Partners
Buildings & Sites
Property SearchLive In Rowan
High Rock Lake
Shop, Eat, Learn, and Play
Public SafetyData Center
Economic & Demographic Data
Industry Cluster Performance
New & Expanding Businesses
International BusinessesAbout Us
Our Mission, Vision and Strategy
Funding Partners and Board Leadership