A Profitable Partnership
Rowan County is perfect for high value office functions, back office operations, and regional-level headquarters. With our consistently top-ranked business climate, low cost of living, access to three major metropolitan areas, two international airports and a highly educated workforce, we provide a compelling value proposition. Salisbury is America’s first 10 gig city, offering exceptional internet speed and bandwidth.
Here are some more reasons why office and technology companies succeed in Rowan County:
- Rowan County is centrally located along the high-growth I-85 corridor within a mega-region of 2.5 million people that include the metros of Charlotte, Winston-Salem, Greensboro, and Hickory.
- Nearly 500,000 corporate office and professional workers are employed in the mega-region (Financial, Information, Professional & Business Services).
- Rowan County’s large commuter workforce (2/3 leave the county for jobs) means that workers are available for growing corporate employers.
- Charlotte Douglas International Airport provides nonstop services to cities around the globe, keeping corporate offices easily connected with customers.
- Salisbury’s 10G municipal broadband network, provides the fastest network of its kind in the state and it’s extremely low latency provides the instantaneous service needed by today’s cutting edge visualization technologies (3D Imaging, Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality).
- Rowan County is slightly east of the North Carolina Data Center Corridor, home to large data-centers for Apple, Facebook, and Google, along with many others.
- Rowan County offers a high quality of life at relatively affordable costs –including a range of housing and entertainment options throughout the region. This helps recruitment of skilled professionals.